Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 2 February 2018

Dry.

After a long and refreshing night's sleep I was ready for another day of DIY. First I took more bags of rubbish down to the dump. I called in at B&Q for a bag of ready mix concrete, not the cheapest option but with no sand at home and not much storage space I didn't fancy getting a bag of cement. Fixing the loose slab on the path is the next job on the list but today it was finishing off the bin store time. I cut up wood (the old shed rafters) and used fixing plates to complete the base for the store. Then it was time to work on fitting in the wheelie bin properly. All that I needed to do was to cut a rectangular slot in the back of the store which is made from twin walled polycarbonate sheet to make room for the handles of the bin. Easier said than done. I began by using a scalpel which cut the flat plastic fairly easily but the supporting walls between the back and front were quite a challenge. After snapping the blade I changed to using our sharpest kitchen knife which did the job but with a lot of effort. The electric jigsaw might have been much easier if I hadn't broken the blade yesterday. Still eventually the hole was cut and the bin sort of fitted. I say sort of because the doors of the store are pushed out a bit but as they are made of plastic do close when the lid is pulled down. Not my finest work but good enough for a few years and a lot neater than having the bins just sitting there.
A pretty striped evening sky.

No comments: