Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 February 2018

Grey.

Today the sky has been the same mid grey as our sitting room walls. The first of my outdoor jobs was to clean out as much as I could between the planks of the 'balcony' area of decking. After soaking with the oxy-clean solution that area was scrubbed and rinsed. Next came some pressure washing of the paving steps. The white lichen comes off but the black variety is much more difficult to remove. I may try some bleach to see if that works. I did the pressure washing in two sessions to try and reduce the water coming through at the bottom but the second session resulted in water appearing by the conservatory. I shall simply have to reduce my pressure washing sessions to once a day and for not too long. When I did the steps some of the concrete render came away revealing some rather vivid bricks.
The builder was back this morning to sand down the joins between the new and old flooring as well as putting up the mirror.  I love the way it brings lots of light into the room.
  Here are some ancient doors in and around Pilton Street from Monday's walk.
 One of the alms houses by the church.
I love the generous proportions of Georgian architecture and imagine the house below was built for a prosperous merchant. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh I like those doors.