Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 3 February 2018

Small Steps.


The previous owners had put in a new front door which was a good thing but they had to chop away part of the inner doorstep so that that the door could open fully. An understandable solution to the problem but they didn't tidy up the raggedy concrete underneath or indeed the wooden doorstep. Today I mixed up some of my ready-mix concrete, filled in the hole and then re-set the paving stone that Peter had tripped up on. 
Originally I had meant the coir door mat to go in the porch but the front door wouldn't open over it so it ended up in the hall. It doubles as a scratch mat for Speedy who has almost learnt that scratching on the stair carpet results in a telling off while using the doormat results in praise. While I was in BJ's yesterday I came across this extra large washable and thinner doormat. It was the only one of its kind and the stripes blend in well with the striped stair carpet.
My afternoon was spent clearing the mess off the top level of the garden between showers. Now I'm ready to begin pressure washing.

1 comment:

happyone said...

That looks much neater after you patched things up.
Pressure washing is amazing. Makes things look brand new again.