Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 25 February 2018

Sunny.


It's been another day of bright blue skies, icy winds and golden sunshine. While Peter went out rowing I was busy at home. I got two coats painted on the kitchen walls. The colour is standard magnolia but to me it looked like melted Cornish ice cream. Peter thinks it's a bit bland but I feel it brightens up the kitchen and blends better with the cream tiles. If I was being really picky I'd try and get a closer match with the tiles but it will do.
While waiting for the paint (and the washing) to dry  I got on with a job that I had been saving for a rainy day but could also do sitting outside in the sun. A while back I'd noticed that one of the chair cushions was so old that the fabric was splitting allowing the feathers to escape. I used a piece of striped upholstery fabric to make a new cushion pad first with the sewing machine and then hand sewing the last seam. This I did sitting outside on the pallet in the suntrap at the top of the garden. As usual there was the faint hum of the town traffic but just a few gardens down a woodpigeon was cooing and being answered by another woodpigeon further away. While there are less birds around than at Dingles I usually hear one or two species nearby. Only the occasional rook but on several occasions I've seen a flock of around 100 jackdaws and there's even been the hooting of owls in the evening.
Once again the golden late afternoon ended in a blaze of orange and red. The forecasters are still warning of much colder temperatures and the arrival of a snow storm luridly called the Beast from the East but it looks like we shall miss the worst of it here in the south-west. Back at Dingles we would be checking the oil level and our food stores and worrying about work and appointments but here the Co-Op is in walking distance and so too is the hospital where I do have two appointments this week.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Your kitchen sounds nice a bright with the light paint.