Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 1 March 2018

Red Weather Warning.

This morning a red weather warning was issued for parts of the South-West from 3.00 this afternoon. In Devon this was for a swathe from Exmoor down through Dartmoor to Exeter. Here in Barnstaple we are just outside that area so for us there is a potential risk to life and property. Red means risk to life and people are advised not to travel. This is due to Storm Emma coming in over the sea from the south meeting cold Siberian air coming down from the north. So far we've had dry roads for most of the day with snow falling from 4.00. Having seen photos of heavy snow settled in the hills above Muddiford on Tuesday I would think that Dingles is properly snowed in by now.
I had an appointment at the hospital this morning but before I cold ring them to check the appointment was still on they rang me to cancel as the consultant couldn't make it up from Exeter. 
As the snow wasn't heavy enough to make a trip outside exciting I spent the afternoon scraping grey paint off the hall woodwork. One and a half door frames and a section of skirting board done and plenty more to do. I used some of the time to learn the words and alto part of 'Something Inside So Strong' which we will be singing in our concert at the end of the month.

No comments: