Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 11 March 2018

Mothering Sunday.

Today is Mothers' Day or as the sticklers for correctness would say, Mothering Sunday. In addition to cards from the boys I was treated to warm croissants with my morning cuppa and a box of Lindt D'or. Not to mention the beautiful bouquet from Vytas delivered by a man from Twigs the florist in Pilton Street. Romas phoned in the morning and we had a lovely long chat. After yesterday's exertions Peter and I were both glad of a chance to lie-in. Peter's planned row was cancelled due to the extra low tides. Apparently the chap who does most of the boat maintenance said he wouldn't be happy, to put it politely if they took the gigs out and damaged the bottoms (keels) on the many mud banks.
It has been a dry and fairly sunny day so in the afternoon I relaxed by working in the front garden. I tidied up the hydrangeas and gave a couple of bushes a trim. I don't recognise either of them but the one near the front door had lots of tiny leaves, a spirea maybe? and by the rotund shape looks as if it has always been trimmed. The other shrub is just a bundle of sticks so I just cut back some extra long branches that were sticking out. I also trimmed my neighbour's small conifer that was hanging over the path. I had checked with her yesterday when we were chatting over the wall yesterday that she didn't mind.
At the end of the afternoon I wondered if I should paint the decking which looked as if it had dried out but decided to take things easy and watch the ever changing cloudscape from the sofa. If the southerly winds continue bringing warm weather I will need to get the mower from the garage and cut the grass in the front garden. I might even mow part of the communal grass hoping that our less than considerate neighbour doesn't decide to drive his car over it.
Now for a happy evening watching Dancing on Ice with roast sweet potatoes to go with my salad and some naughty roulade to follow.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Happy Mother's Day. It sounds like a very nice one.
We celebrate it here in May.