Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 30 March 2018

Wet.

It's been a dismal grey day and raining for most of the time. No prizes for guessing that my afternoon was spent stripping paint. Sometimes the grey paint comes off in satisfyingly long ribbons and at other times I fight for every square cm. I'm not sure what makes the difference, most probably the angle I hold the scraping tool and how sharp I've managed to get it using a whetstone.
This evening we went out to the 'Pilton Cinema' to watch an SF film- Life. Only 14 people today which is disappointing for the organiser but not only was it raining heavily but it's Good Friday and the start of the Easter Weekend. Pippa had put out 40 chairs so we formed a line to pass them out and into the shed where they are stored. While we may have escaped the cold weather the forecast is for rain and more rain. Not good for working people who have looked forward to having a break.

No comments: