Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 5 March 2018

Wet.

It was such a relief to be rid of the heart monitor today even if it did mean walking up to the hospital in the rain. When I got there the receptionist said " Oh, you're still wearing it. I'll call a nurse to take it off." at which point I happily located and disconnected the leads before handing the whole thing over. In return I got a receipt for the equipment which as the leaflet pointed out costs £1,600. Although the monitor was a nuisance how wonderful that we have the technology to have our hearts checked while going about a normal life. I don't know if it was the long walk into town on Saturday but since then my heart has been fluttering and thumping. That's good because soon, well in 3-4 weeks, I shall find out if there is anything to worry about or if they are simply old lady palpitations.
Having got thoroughly soaked on my travels I spent the rest of the afternoon tidying up my study and then 'playing' with my jewellery making kit. In the end I made a pair of dangly earrings from one pair of earrings and a broken necklace. Only one problem, I've run out of space on the tall earring holder. When I was working I would chose a different outfit and matching earrings each day. Now I have a set of fairly scruffy clothes for around the house, work clothes for messy jobs and just ring a few changes and don earrings for when I leave the house. It was still fun to make yet another pair of earrings even if I do look like Gypsy Rose Lee.
Patch has spent the afternoon in my study with me. He does like company but also wants to make sure he's ready for whenever I decide to feed the cats their evening meal. Patch also gets several extra meals during the day to keep his weight up while I have to restrict Speedy's diet or he becomes too rotund. At least when I'm doing my floor exercises Patch simply lies on the floor next to me unlike Speedy who prefers to use me as a cushion. It makes doing the plank a lot harder especially when I raise one leg in the air.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I bet is was great to be able to get the heart monitor off. Pray that the results are good and all is well.