Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 21 March 2018

Colder.

We're back to chillier weather again. It's been cloudy with a lot more grey clouds than sunny spells. 
Having decided to buy new lino for the bathroom I drove into town today so that I could check another flooring warehouse before making my final choice. The warehouse was the most unappealing place I've been in for a long time. You couldn't walk around to look at the stock because the floor space was blocked by rolls of carpet and numerous sample books that looked as if they has just been thrown there. Not only that but the whole place smelt of cigarette smoke. Eventually somebody wreathed in a cloud of stale cigarette smoke came out to see me and pointed out a few rolls of lino in the far corner. None of them was suitable and I don't know if I would have wanted anything from there anyway. Instead I called in at the carpet place I usually go to. None of the offcuts were suitable and I ended up choosing between 2 rolls. One of them had the sort of random granite pattern I wanted but was almost black. That would have picked up the feature black tiles in the bathroom but I didn't really want something so dark. Instead I picked the other lino. Much as I was tempted I haven't laid the new lino yet. I can't use the old lino as a template until I've trimmed a few places that don't fit and added a bit on where it doesn't quite meet the bath panel. Also there's a hole in the floor by the door which could do with sorting out. 
Right now I'm practicing more songs for choir tonight. There's a Czech one I haven't learnt yet which has 16 lines! It's powerful to sing so I really want to learn it by Friday.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We are having lino put in the new house in the mud room and bathroom. The kind we picked out looks kind of like cement.