Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 19 March 2018

Bye-bye Snow.

The sun shone in full force today, first making the snow sparkle and then disappear. All except in those places not reached by the sun at this time of year. Looking out of my window now the house directly opposite still has a small patch of snow on its roof and some over the front door. Although for us the snow is over conditions are very different up in the hills and people are being told not to drive out to the moors looking for snow as they may find themselves stuck or hindering snow clearance work. 
I don't think Speedy was expecting the snow to be so cold when he tried leaping on the table that is usually his sunny spot.
In the distance I could see people enjoying the last of the snow in the same place as yesterday. 
I spent my day mainly scraping paint and managed to do all up one side of the stairs and a bit of the upstairs skirting board as well. When I had finished I felt the need to stretch my legs and although we didn't really need anything urgently walked down to the Co-Op. I got some j-cloths and some reduced items. I deliberated over some tubs of ice-cream that were reduced and then decided I didn't need them. The grapes and blueberries that I got are much healthier options.
Walking back up Chaddiford Lane I could see across town to the still snowy north facing hills.
I always like the countryside views I get once I turn onto our estate.
Another spectacular sunset with a red sun going down behind the trees.

2 comments:

happyone said...

I like the countryside views too and the sky is gorgeous.

Harriet said...

Wonderful photos, Ruta. As I am watching Somerset Murders (?-might have the name wrong) on Netflix-apparently a BBC production. I get to see Villages. Along with your photos, I am getting quite a variety of England.