Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 23 March 2018

Cloudy.

It's been mainly overcast today with enough wind in the morning to hang out more washing. Just to stretch my legs in the afternoon I took a couple of letters to the post box. It had begun to rain lightly but that didn't stop all the birds singing away. I can still hear blackbirds through my open window.
First thing this morning the men from the council were round cutting the grass. When the man with the mower got to the section we'd already cut he has a little confab with his co-workers and left it as it was. The big mower didn't pick up the grass so the other sections look a bit messy but it has left a lovely smell of cut grass in the air. 
As I failed miserably in my plan to spend the week learning the words of the songs I'm unfamiliar with that's what I've been doing today while being careful not to strain my voice. Really that means 19 new songs so I've given up on some of them and hopefully will be able to join in with everyone else for the rest. Usually us newbies stand in front of the stronger singers which makes it easier to hear our part but for today's concert the strong singers will be at the front. I have tried to learn the Czech song of which we only sing 8 lines but I'm having a back-up and have the words on a post-it which I'll put on the back of the person in front of me. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

So nice to hear the birds singing. Means spring is in the air.
Love the smell of new mowed grass.