Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 March 2018

Plumbing Done.

We certainly felt the benefit of the new radiators last night. Not only the extra warmth in the bedrooms but there is a marked improvement in the heat given out by the downstairs radiators due to them having the sludge washed out. I've given those radiators their first of bright white radiator paint and soon they should look almost like new.
The plumbers came back this morning to install the replacement heated towel rail and do the other minor repairs. I wasn't so thrilled when I saw the new kitchen tap. The old and leaky tap had a much more modern single lever to adjust the hot and cold water. I really don't like this tap which is probably cheaper but will put up with it till we sell up again. (I've just compared prices of similar taps at B&Q and the other kind is cheaper. Peter is going to talk to the plumber in case there is a reason why they fitted this one.)
As well as painting the radiators I finally set the other washing post socket in concrete. Only 2 days before I can slot in the pole and set up the washing line properly. I also ordered the rope and cup fittings for the deck. The fittings were quite expensive but I only need two as the rope will go through the holes we will drill in the posts. I ordered synthetic rope so that I don't have to worry about shrinkage and it will be easier to keep clean in this damp climate. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I bet your glad the plumbing is finished!!
Like the heated towel rack. That is something I've never had.