Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 4 March 2018

Sunshine.


This morning we listened to reports that the road to Lynton and Lynmouth was finally passable to vehicles and saw photos of deep snow drifts on Exmoor while our view was of blue skies. We had Spring-like sunshine for most of the day with morning and evening rain. Up in the hills even where the snow had been cleared there was black ice on the roads making them dangerous to drive on. The photo below (taken from FB.) shows a van that had fallen foul of the ice and ended up on its side just outside of Ilfracombe. (The driver was unhurt.)

While Peter went off to get a bath panel and some pipe insulation I carried on scraping off paint. The kitchen door frame is now done and I've made a start on the porch door frame. When he returned I fitted the insulation to the condensate pipe. I'm quite pleased that I managed to cut it accurately at the first attempt using a single piece with sections cut out to allow it to bend around the pipe and fit snugly.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Sure glad no one was hurt!!
We are having day number 3 of blue skies and sunny weather. : )
That could all change by tomorrow though.