Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 26 March 2018

Sunny Morning.

We had a lovely sunny morning, an overcast and much cooler afternoon with the rain beginning at about 6.00. The morning sun streaming into the kitchen filled me with energy and I zoomed around cleaning everything in reach. Today has been a day for getting on with those smaller jobs which kept getting put off. I had a box of handbags and other stuff which I'd brought up from the garage as it was getting damp. The bags got wiped/washed as needed and hung out to air and that was another box dealt with.
At midday I took time out to sit in the sun and read. Not to mention simply staring at the garden and picturing where the pots and planters will go. With so many trees and fields nearby the air was filled with the sound of birds in a most relaxing way. 
Peter was out getting another 6 bags of compost for me. He reports that not many bags remain but I think 12 bags will be enough for now. My afternoon was spent putting up the smoke alarms and testing them. I think that with 6 very loud alarms we are well protected. I also put the bathroom towel rail up in the kitchen. A bit safer than having them hung on the cooker handle and I love re-using things. 
For friends and family who visited us at Dingles this is the state of the main road at Shirwell 8 days ago. If this is the main road the back roads would have been twice as bad/dangerous. The forecasters are predicting a return of the cold weather for the Easter weekend.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Another busy day for you. Glad you had a little time to sit and read.
Your snowy picture looks like my neck of the woods. Though by now most all of our snow is gone. Supposed to warm up a bit and rain. That should take care of the rest of the snow.
Always a pleasure to stop by here and read about your day. : )