Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 6 March 2018

Sunny.

It's been a bright sunny day and felt quite warm at times. Apart from giving the wheelie bin another scrub with bleach and pulling up some weed seedlings in the front garden I haven't really taken advantage of the good weather. I did have a bit of a sort out in the garage when I took the pressure washer back mainly because I was looking for a new bathroom sink tap that we brought with us when we moved. However I'm pretty sure it was in the box of plumbing stuff that Peter gave away. The plumbers are coming tomorrow and it would have been the ideal time to change the sink tap in the bathroom which is not in the best condition. Too late now.
For most of the afternoon I've been scraping away at the frame of the porch door. It looks as if this was the original front door with the current front door being added later to the then open porch. The gloss paint on the porch side of the frame is in a very bad state, cracked and flaking off. The whole of that layer of paint needs to come off before repainting so it's going to take a few more days to get it done.
Had a good work out at Pilates and need to try and get to sleep earlier than my usual one or two o'clock in the morning as the plumbers are arriving at 8.30.
No sign of any birds at the feeders yet but a jackdaw did come and sit on the street light at the end of the garden though the feeders aren't designed for such large birds and I certainly wouldn't want to be feeding the whole of the local flock. Lots of birds were singing as I walked to the school for Pilates and I saw a blue tit in my neighbour's garden today.

No comments: