Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 25 March 2018

Sunny.

We have had a beautiful sunny day on this first day of British Summer Time. The only problem with the clocks going forward is the temptation to stay far too long outside in the garden. This afternoon people were catching the sun in their front gardens and exercising children and dogs (a cute springer puppy) on the grass.
Before spending time in the garden I put in action my plan to spruce up this rather grim (dishwasher) space in the kitchen and also painted the copper pipes under the towel rail.
The plaster at the back has obviously been affected by damp at some point as there were signs of mould and the plaster is blown. Nothing we're going to bother with at the moment so I just wiped down the plaster with an anti-mildew spray.
I used the left over lino to cover the concrete floor and part of the back and it looks much better. Though the space is covered by a curtain I could still see how horrible the floor looked when I needed something from one of the trolleys that go under there.
The first thing I did out in the garden was to make a roughly accurate plan and detail the work to be done as hopefully the local handy man will be starting work soon.
Then it was time to begin gardening. I dug over the flower bed, daintily picking out tiny seedlings but every now and again I'd come across more bindweed roots like the nasty tangle above. It took all afternoon but finally it was done. Then came the fun job of planting out some ground cover plants. After I took the photo I gave the holly bush in the front garden another trim and cat-proofed the flower bed. While Peter was out in the afternoon he dropped into BJ's and picked up 6 bags of compost which are on special offer at 6 bags for £10. He said they were flying out of the door with people buying 12 or even 18. 

No comments: