Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 10 March 2018

Lots Done.

Today has been an excellent day. Not only has it been the warmest day of the year but a whole load of jobs have been completed. The main achievement was to bring home all of the things we had in the storage unit. This was done by the chap who did our loft and his mate. Peter also went along to the unit and loaded up his car and in my opinion did far too much carrying. As well as making coffee my task was to nab a parking space near the house for the van and car. On the first trip I asked a chap who was parking his car if he wouldn't mind moving further back so that there would be room for the van. He kindly moved his car right out of the way so that there was room for both vehicles. For the second trip I sat in my car at front of the space keeping it clear. Being the weekend everybody's cars including vans and trucks were parked up with not an inch of space to spare. Generally everybody is considerate and as soon as all our stuff had been unloaded I parked my car in front of the garage and Peter found a space on the road. Last night our difficult neighbour had driven his 4x4 up over the grass making even more mess. 
We had light rain at the start of the morning but for the second trip it absolutely poured. I was glad that I wrapped every picture securely in bubble wrap which I was able to wipe dry before they were taken up to the loft. It was a lot of hard work, even for two fit men, to get everything into the loft. I haven't dared take a look up there but have been told it is completely full. 
There were some pieces of furniture in store including this antique desk which I've already put up for sale as I finally decided we don't need it. I'm keeping a smaller mahogany desk which will fit under the mirror once the bigger one goes. A small wooden chest has ended up in my study and a side table just fitted by my side of our bed.  
Almost as soon as the great move had been done the sun came out making it a lovely warm day. I slotted the second washing line post into its holder and strung up the washing line. (That's the wet door mat drying in the breeze.) I then scrubbed down the posts around the decking to get rid of the green algae on them. I also scrubbed the ends of the decking planks even though they will probably be hidden by the planters I intend to make. Then it was time to head indoors and paint the last coat of paint on the radiators before venturing into the front garden to cut back the established buddleia bush. 
Once again this photo doesn't show the intensity of the pink clouds lit by the setting sun.

No comments: