Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 22 March 2018

Grey.

Mostly grey clouds today with enough wind to dry some sheets which I ironed while waiting for Peter to return home with the carpet tape.
The old lino.
It's a good thing I didn't attempt replacing the lino yesterday. It has taken most of the day to; cut away the sealant all round the edges of the old lino, trim the lino so that it fitted, tape on some card where it should have been bigger, find out how to take up the door bar and carry the old lino to the paving in the garden to use as a template. Then once I'd repaired the hole in the floor and traced the possible point where the shower needs new sealant all I had to do was put the new lino in place. Hah! First I had to take the door off its hinges, then check and cautiously retrim  the lino, wait for Peter to come home with some double sided carpet tape which I'd forgotten to buy. (Or rather never bothered with before.) I don't know how but the lino still needed adjusting in a few places. Finally the door bar had to be put back, carpet inserted and the bathroom door screwed back into place. All I can say is that I don't want to be doing that job again in a long time.
The colours of the new lino don't show up too well in the photos but the silver, grey and brown stripes have quite a beach house feel.  I quite like the way they have some of the same colours as the hall carpet. Not bad when there were only 2 designs to choose between. Most of the rest of the designs were of the floorboard type or large tiles which would not have suited our tiny bathroom.
I was putting some things in the bin just after Peter came home when up the path trotted a French bulldog. He looked a bit lost and I didn't recognise him as any of the neighbours' dogs. I was about to go inside to find something to use as a collar & leash when the chap from the end house came out calling for 'Bruno'. They bought their house just before us but are doing it up before they move in which was why I didn't recognise Bruno.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Your bathroom looks very nice!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Bathroom!!!
Buy laminate beading