Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 14 March 2018

Grey.

Today has been wet, windy and turning colder. Nothing for it but to go back to scraping paint. The porch door frame is more or less done though I still need to think about what to do about the green& yellow electrical wire that has simply been tacked onto the outside of the wood as well as along the skirting board in the hall. Not illegal but definitely unsightly. After the door frame I moved on to the newel post. I got quite excited when all the paint from the top piece came off very easily as I prefer the classic style of bannister, dark wood newel post and hand rail with white spindles. Unfortunately although the grey emulsion paint came off easily it was hard work to get back to the wood. I don't think it would be worth the effort so I'll stick to painting it all white. I might just leave the little cap wood. 
Once it had been raining for some time I ran out to the stained decking to drill a few drainage holes at the points where water was gathering.
The nasturtium seedlings on the kitchen window sill have germinated. A little leggy but I am turning the pot around each day. I took the trays of ornamental grass seeds up to our bedroom which gets more light and the Pony Tails is germinating nicely.
I've just returned home from choir where we didn't quite get through the 20 songs we will be singing at our concert. Tonight was the first time I've heard the choir leader, a lovely lady called Jackie, be rather less than positive. At one point she let us finish Happy Together with her hands over her ears! We sing standing, or sitting, in a semi-circle but for one song she got us to turn round so that we really had to concentrate on listening to the other parts as well as our own. A hard task when the melody and words are unfamiliar. Certainly got my brain working tonight.

No comments: