Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 28 March 2018

Mostly Sunny.

The morning was windy with some showers. Things brightened up in the afternoon and it looks as if we are going to have another lovely sunset. Listening to someone from the Met. office on the radio it seems that things have changed and it won't be so cold this weekend. Vytas and Sally are holidaying in Israel at the moment and from their photos it looks a lot warmer there.
Patch having a lazy afternoon.
Being Wednesday I called in at B&Q to pick up some paint for the hall woodwork when it is ready to be painted. On advice from our builder friend who is meticulous when decorating I bought expensive Dulux paint, undercoat and vinyl silk. I like gloss on woodwork but not the way white gloss quickly becomes yellow. I dropped off a few things at the dump and a peer into the 'large plastics' skip yielded some more large plastic plant pots and a seedling tray which I've already planted up. The grass 'Pony Tails' germinated well and is thriving on our bedroom windowsill. So far only 4 of the 'Wavy Hair' grass has germinated but I'm hoping for at least a few more. 
I finished off the afternoon with more door frame paint scraping. Our builder friend came round with a door catalogue and I've chosen the doors for downstairs and given him a rough idea of the type of door handles. The handles need to be polished chrome to match the door handles upstairs and as long as they are the bar type, so much easier to open, I said pick from the cheaper price range. The catalogue was trade one without prices so he'll let us know the prices before ordering.

No comments: