Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 7 March 2018

Plumbing Chaos.

I'm blogging early tonight as I'm feeling a bit tired today. After a good workout last night we had to be up early (for us) to be ready for the plumbers who arrived before 8.30. From that point the whole house was in chaos as floors were taken up and new pipework installed for the bedroom radiators. The new radiators are in and working nicely, much to Peter's relief but they had to fetch a new heated towel rail as the first one had a pinhole leak. That will be fitted tomorrow along with some new fittings for the bath and sink and a kitchen tap. I had thought that they would be fitting the new bath panel and bathroom sink counter that we already have but apparently not.
To escape the noise and general upheaval in the house I took myself off to town.  I called in at B&Q where I bought radiator paint to spruce up the old radiators and some decking stain and treatment. That I took back later in the day because once home I realised that the I'd chosen far too dark a colour. I've now got a lighter shade ready to treat the decking once it has dried out after all the rain.
I walked over the old bridge into town to collect our prescriptions and then wandered around the Pannier Market which today had stalls selling antiques and collectables. Lots of nice things but I already have far too much 'stuff'.

Back home the house seemed to be full of plumbers so I sat out in a sunny spot at the far end of the garden until the sun disappeared behind the clouds. It's been one of those days where it was warm in the sun but very chilly in the shade. In town I was suitably dressed for the outside but the minute I went into the shops I began to overheat.

1 comment:

happyone said...

You were smart to take off while the plumbers where there.
I would have liked to walk around with you looking at the antiques and collectables but like you I already have too much. Would have been fun looking though. : )