Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 22 July 2019

A Check-Up with the Nurse.

It has been overcast for most of the day with the sun breaking through towards evening. Outside the breeze made the warmth pleasant but the minute I came indoors or even sat in the car it felt very muggy.
I went back to the nurse this morning to have the dressing on my leg changed. It looks as if the scrape is healing well and I'm now sporting the next size down dressing. Although I could return for a further check the nurse offered to issue me with the relevant supplies; iodine bandage, dressings and even a pair of sterile scissors to continue the treatment at home. Much less bother than having to drive to the surgery especially as it's a nightmare to find a parking space in their car park and if I'm at all concerned I can give them a ring. 
Having successfully completed all the jobs on my list I've now got a new list. First thing to be ticked off was 'Repair the stair carpet.' Above is the worst example of threads pulled out by Speedy. There were a lot more minor pulls where only one loop had been pulled out. I applied superglue and pressed the wool back into place. It all looks a lot better now.
The next task was to phone John Lewis to see what their delivery arrangements, for the trundle bed, are. They wouldn't leave it in the enclosed front porch but for a fiver you can have a 2 hour delivery slot as opposed to any time in the day. That means we can have the beds delivered on the afternoon of the day we drive up and not be faced with sleeping on airbeds.
After seeing the nurse I did a bit of supermarket shopping today calling in at Asda. Tesco has stopped selling oat bran  which we add to our porridge but luckily Asda still sell it. Also at Asda you can recycle plastic wrap/bags. Naturally I had a look at the clothes and bought yet another vest top. This time not black but quite brightly coloured. I bought the largest size and have already altered it to make a longer loose tunic top. I know there will be clothes shops in Aberystwyth but I think I'll be too busy being a laid back beach person and maybe doing some gardening to bother looking for clothes.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice to catch up with you after my break. : )
Sorry to hear about your mishap but glad to hear your leg is healing.