Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 3 July 2019

Sunny.

Another lovely day. I had to walk into town to collect some tablets that had been missed off our prescription and was very glad of my straw hat. It's a good thing I did because I discovered that when I'd ordered next month's medicines I'd ticked the medicines we didn't want instead of the ones we did want. That would have been a surprise. 
When I got home I gave the house a 'viewing' tidy and hoovered ready to look its best. When people come to view I generally put Speedy into his harness so I can keep hold of him. This afternoon I had time to take him out for a walk which he enjoyed. Unfortunately when I picked him up to show his feet to a neighbour the rough surface of the path around the main grass had scraped the scab from the worst foot. So no more walks for him. 
 Walking a cat is quite a slow activity.
With the sun shining and no rain the house was looking its best but we didn't get the feeling that the lady was that keen. Never mind, at least we've got a nice tidy house.
This evening was choir night for me. I've just realised we didn't sing the seaweed song though it's on the list for our performance on Green Man Day. Our teacher alerted us to this impromptu rendition of Po Kare Kare in the New Zealand parliament. We don't sing the words of the second verse, instead we sing the English translation.
This is one of my sad sunflowers, not even 3ft tall. To make it more galling the sunflowers grown by a little lad across the way are already a sturdy 5ft. For the viewing I'd put the bin bags of grass cuttings/ pruning's inside the bin store. I took them out when I got home this evening to put the re-cycling out for collection and I noticed that the grass cuttings had begun to heat right up. I've left the open bags outside so I don't think there's any risk of spontaneous combustion.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh poor Speedy.
Too bad about the house viewing. Haven't had anyone to see ours for a while now.
There's people out there somewhere for both our houses!!