Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 30 July 2019

Stormy.

We've had a day of frequent, wild showers. There were a few moments of warm sun but for the most part it has been a day to stay indoors.
You may have noticed that I've finally updated my profile photo. It took so long mainly due to inertia plus who doesn't want to be 10 years younger but also because it was Linas who set up the template for me and I tend to hang onto things that I associate with him. I still use his keyboard despite the 5 blank keys that lost their letters due to overuse. The new me is from a photo taken by a friend when we all got together at Priddy in May. My thanks to Sam.
My cold is almost gone which is great but unfortunately it seems to have transferred to Peter. At least we have a range of pain killers including a very handy anaesthetic throat spray. 
Today I got a little further in my plan to design a tattoo for my forearm. I want a swirly/scroll design, maybe with some leaves, to be done in dark brown to look like a henna design. I had printed off photos of my left arm to work on but now I'm thinking about the right. To get a rough idea of the placement I drew on my arm and Peter took photos which once he prints them I can draw on. I tried a number of crayons etc but the only thing I found that I could use to draw on my arm with and then wipe clean was one of my hair chalks, a dark purple one. Unfortunately I think I've left it too late to have my usual chap do it as he has a waiting time of months. If that is the case I may go to the girl that did Peter's tiger. 
Apart from that I've been tidying up around the place including the pitcher plant in the bathroom. I cut off all last year's shrivelled brown leaves and pitchers. Then a wipe over of the leaves and a scrub of the algae growing in the clear container it stands in and it should be fine for this year. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like your new picture. You look happy and certainly not 10 years older than the other picture!!
Glad to hear your cold is getting better.