Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 12 July 2019

Poor Toes.

A mostly sunny day with some sudden gusts of wind one of which blew over the smaller acer in the garden.
I woke early this morning and was doing my exercises by 6.00. Not so much from good intentions but due to a few twinges which could only be banished by getting up and moving around.  Still it felt good to get the day under way so early. 
The first 'job' of the day was to go shopping, Lidl's first and then Tescos. I was swinging my trolley round to the checkout when I managed to catch two toes, under the wheel I think. Oh the pain. If I had been at home I'd have yelped and maybe even said some unladylike words. As it was I froze in shock and couldn't even look down. I just grit my teeth and focussed on putting my shopping on the conveyor belt. When I eventually did look down I was expecting to see a pool of blood or a swollen toe but in fact it didn't look that bad. The pain faded until I got in the car and gave my little toe a poke which set it off. The nail began to bruise and the top of the next nail and a bit of skin were ripped off. This evening the toe is a bit more swollen so I applied an ice pack and probably more effectively some anti-inflammatory gel. Even if it was broken, which I doubt, there isn't any other treatment.
In Tesco's I returned the rust vest and then decided it was time for a new microwave oven. We usually buy the cheapest supermarket one  but generally after a year rust begins to form along the back and front edges. This time I went for a more expensive model with a large handle rather than a button to press to open the oven. I prefer to have dial controls instead of digital controls in the belief that they are less likely to develop a fault. The choice was between a black or a cream model so I went with the cream which goes well with the kitchen tiles here though I would have preferred white for Borth.

No comments: