Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 26 July 2019

Shopping in Town.

Definitely getting cooler now. The temperature plummeted in the afternoon before rain fell but then the sun came out again.
I can't believe that another 4 weeks have gone by and we're still here but it was time to collect our prescriptions again. I walked to town calling in at the chemists' first. We both get about 6 items so as soon as the assistant put 2 small bags on the counter I was able to say 'That's not it'.  Back she went and came up with a larger bag for me. I know I initially messed up the repeat forms last time but that had been corrected when I went in the next day to collect yet another item that had been left off. What was odd was that they had my stuff but not Peter's. Unfortunately he has a blood pressure tablet that he must take. I rang Peter so that he could get on to the surgery so they could send the prescription electronically to the chemist and he'll pick it up tomorrow. After so many mistakes we've switched back to Boots in the High Street who also weren't very good but not as bad as this chemist.
One of my town jobs was to go to the bank to pay for the 2 skips we used in Borth. It's taken a number of phone calls to get them to send us an invoice, there must be a Welsh version of 'dreckly' that is even slower.
Friday is the main market day and as I've been promising myself a leather drover's hat before we go I stopped by the hat man's stall and bought one. The blue lace threaded through the air holes is my addition. Out of sight is one of those press-in toggles so I don't lose the hat in windy weather.
As I wasn't in a rush and it wasn't too hot I called in to M&S to carry on with the search for a comfy bra. I'm at that age where things are going south and while it would be even more comfy I don't have the confidence to do without any support. At home I tend to wear soft sports-type bralettes but in company a bit more support is needed. For years I've shopped around, been measured, tried different styles, bought and then rejected wired bras and ended up with the same granny-style bra from M&S. Today I tried on 3 styles and found .... Hooray, a style that was comfortable for me. At £20 they weren't cheap but I splashed out and bought one in black and one in pale pink which should do for a long time.
At home I've mostly been coughing and spluttering but I did fix the broken hinge on the wooden chest. It's now in the conservatory leaving the corner of my room looking more spacious.
These are the last 2 of the Sweet Juliet roses. One is oddly coloured perhaps due to the recent heat.
Oh and I was doing my exercises just after 7.00 this morning. Hopefully my body clock is now set in that good habit.


1 comment:

lea said...

I absolutely hate bra shopping! When you find a style that works you should buy two. Glad your little heat wave is over, we had one too, it was 91 here today.