Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 29 July 2019

Warm Winds.

Up until 5.00 the day was sometimes sunny, sometimes overcast but always with a warm wind blowing. I was taking the last piece of washing from the line when I felt a few spots of rain but the heavy rain didn't appear until later. Earlier I had taken the hoover out into the back garden to hoover up the dried up rose petals that had become stuck to the decking following some rain a few days ago. 
Speedy made another bid for freedom squeezing out of the 8.5cm gap between the patio doors. I keep forgetting that his bucket is quite flexible. With no sign of him in the back garden I walked out into the street to look for him. This time my whistles didn't work and my next-door neighbour wondered if we had got ourselves a dog. Speedy appeared in the conservatory a little while later.
Since the trundle beds are two singles I climbed up into the loft to go through the box of spare sheets and luckily I still had two fitted singles. Thinking we would have a sofa bed for guests I gave away most of the single sheets or used them as dust sheets.
The rest of my day has been spent pottering around after I gave my study yet another tidy up. It's so easy for the piles of paper to turn into a big mess if I don't keep on top of the tidying up.

No comments: