Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 7 July 2019

Cooler.

Today's photos are of the East Lyn River which tumbles into the sea at Lynmouth. The scenery is so wild and beautiful it's hard to realise that it's only a few minutes walk away from the bustle of tourists, traffic and shops.
We're still sitting under high clouds with a cooling northerly breeze. Speedy has begun to moult and there is hair everywhere. My jobs today were scrubbing the rusty bits of the dish drainer and a general tidy up in the garden.  I was planning to wait until we moved before buying new things for the kitchen but I think it's time to pay more for a genuine stainless steel drainer rather than keep having to change a cheaper one every year. We've no plans to buy a dishwasher. I believe with our lifestyle we use much less resources by hand washing and then using the water for a quick wipe down of the kitchen cooker and surfaces.
The orchids get fed and watered once a week on Sundays and today I wiped the dust from their leaves as well. A couple had either powdery mildew or scale insects so they were taken outside and sprayed with a fungicide/insecticide. When I bring them back inside they'll need to be kept away from the rest of the orchids. Maybe I can persuade Peter to keep them on the windowsill of his study.


1 comment:

happyone said...

What a beautiful place.