Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 25 July 2019

A Walk on Morte Point.

The heatwave continues with records being broken every day. I was glad to be doing my exercises just after 7.00 while it was still cool. I changed the dressing on my scrape this morning and it is healing beautifully. That iodine dressing is amazing and I should have plenty left once my leg is fully healed which will be handy.
We decided to escape the heat by heading out early for a walk around Morte Point. Lundy could be seen on the horizon and with binoculars it was possible to make out a few of the buildings and lighthouses (Lundy has three). The cooling sea breeze made walking very pleasant.
But first I had to sit down and remove a small stone? from my boot. I check my walking boots before I put them on but somehow always seem to end up with something small in one or the other. 
No sign of any sheep out on the Point.  Last time we were there the ewes had been shorn but not the fat lambs. Maybe they have been moved to avoid the worst of the heat or even gone to market :(  Peter is going to cook some marinated lamb chunks on the barbecue for tonight's supper but we haven't decided yet if we'll eat inside or out.
We stopped at our usual place for coffee where we watched heavy waves rolling in,
and thought how much nicer it would be to get to Borth by speedboat rather than by road. 

It was a lovely refreshing walk apart from the section when turning to walk up to the spine of the Point we found ourselves sheltered from the breeze and consequentially very hot.
Once back home it was lovely to walk on the cool marble tiles. I haven't done much in the way of jobs today apart from order a trundle bed from John Lewis to be delivered direct to Borth ready for our next visit. I ended up choosing John Lewis because although they are pricey the quality is good. I had looked at other beds on line which were cheaper but skipping the reviews which tend to be suspiciously good and going straight to complaints there did seem to be a lot of issues especially with deliveries.

Our recycling bins are still sitting outside waiting to be collected. (I've been keeping a lookout for them as my brown bag for cardboard went missing a few weeks ago. I write the house number on my bags but they still disappear.) Having failed to find any information on line I rang the council and apparently they had a fire in their depot this morning and are running some hours late or may not even come until tomorrow. I did see a notice on the site which said they were not going to be collecting batteries any more as they've already had three fires due to batterries. I wonder if that was the cause of today's fire? Some of the supermarkets have collection points for batteries so they can still be recycled.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Looks like a fine walk.
Like that stone bench. I'll have to show that to Ken, maybe he'll want to make one. : )
A trundle bed is a good idea!!
I think it is worth to spend a little more to get quality!