Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 5 July 2019

Cooler.

We were saddened today to hear of the death of a young man in an road accident. We didn't know him personally but are close friends with some of his family. There is nothing one can say to take away the pain except offer our love to his family.
 A pair of buzzards circling over the garden this afternoon.
My job for the day was to take two bags of plant material to the dump followed by shopping at Lidl and Tescos. Even though it feels as if the summer has only started Tescos already had a sale of a lot of their summer/ holiday wear. Single bright colours seem to be the latest trend and some of them had an eye watering amount of fluorescence. I bought myself these shorts which although they are really beachwear I intend to use as summer pjs. The soft and very comfortable pair of shorts I wear at night really need to be retired. Not only are they at least 3 sizes too big but they are frayed at the waist and also at the legs too. I may wear these blue shorts on the beach but only with a long top as there is too much of a horizontal pattern to be flattering to any rear. I didn't like the frill above the elasticated waist so this afternoon I sat out side and stitched it over to the inside. The weather has become a lot cooler but was still pleasantly warm during the day.
I also bought 2 more vest tops. The one in the sale is a sports type top in a peachy colour. The other vest wasn't reduced but is the rust/terracotta colour I really like. Unlike pink, peach and rust suit my skin tones. I thought I might already have a vest in that colour and when I got home I found exactly the same vest in my wardrobe so I'll return today's one. Anyone watching me a bit later on in Tescos would have had a laugh at my antics. It's Peter's birthday on Monday and as usual I wanted to buy him a small selection of different bottled beers. I know he likes a malty flavour and dislikes anything hoppy but there wasn't any information on the shelves about the flavour of the vast selection of beers. Unfortunately I had forgotten to bring my reading glasses with me and the only way I could read the descriptions on the labels was by squinting and holding the bottle out at arms' length. Even then it was hard going, some of the fonts and colour choices made it very hard to read the labels. I put a couple back because I simply couldn't decipher them. I'm sure he'll like the ones I did choose.
There was a pretty golden sky as we came upstairs tonight and within minutes it had blossomed into intense pinks (which my camera didn't catch). 



No comments: