Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 5 February 2024

Grey.

Another wintry grey day today but at least the rain held off until early evening.
I was not in the best of moods this morning. The dull weather and the fact that I hadn't made an early start plus the unexciting task of oiling the worktop brought my mood right down. It wasn't helped by knowing that the late start was due to me not putting my head down until midnight. And I've been so good lately not sitting up past 11.00 which has really made a difference. However once I had some time sitting in the open doorway with a coffee (I'd needed my tea just to get out of bed) I saw that there was some lightness in the clouds and that it would be possible to get some work done in the garden later on. That thought and the feel of fresh air on my face cheered me up and I was able to face the day in a better mood.
I think the reason I had little enthusiasm for doing the worktop is that it looked fine as it was but I know that sanding, oiling, wiping down and buffing makes it look even better. I would love to be able to keep the worktop completely clear looking like a showroom picture but real life dictates that a certain amount of stuff needs to be kept handy. 
The tin of oil says there needs to be some hours before the final buffing up (an old t-shirt of Peter's came in handy for that) so that's when I escaped out to the garden to fill more bags to go down to the dump. Somebody yesterday told me that when a robin sings quietly it sings with its beak closed. Sure enough when my little friend perched on a branch singing sotto voce to tell me it was waiting for worms its beak was shut and only its throat was moving. 
A few more photos from yesterday. Above - Yellow light on the hills and beehives in the churchyard at Clarach.
The wall art horse made from scrap metal.
A very early flowering clematis.
A couple of friendly horses.
We decided that this was a wild cherry, possibly a bird cherry.
Who needs the Loch Ness monster when we have our own monster in the Ystwyth?
 

No comments: