Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 28 February 2024

Wet.

I was up early enough to have my tea outside before the rain began. Light rain at first and much heavier by the afternoon.
This morning both the sea and sky were grey, almost dismal so my attention moved to the sounds around me. In the garden next door there was much chattering from the resident flock of sparrows. The chirping of sparrows always takes me back to my childhood years in central London when sparrows and pigeons were the only birdsong to be heard. In the same garden a wood pigeon was cooing his courtship song and once he had successfully enticed his mate to his side they flew up to the roof beside me and then off to gardens new.  
As it was far to wet to work outside I carried on sorting things in our bedroom. That included cutting and nailing two bits of wood together to make a ledge to stop things falling down the back of Peter's bedside chest of drawers. That's the trouble with skirting boards, nothing fits flush to the wall. Having made more space in our bedroom I then swapped over the small table that I had been using as a bedside table with a pine chest from the living room. The rest of the time I've been doing admin or relaxing.
The female blackbird came onto the terrace for seeds while I was sitting out there but for the rest of the day she has had to find her own worms in the garden.
Off to choir tonight.
 

No comments: