Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 29 February 2024

Showers.

We've had showers on and off all day and tonight it has turned bitterly cold again.
It was dry first thing so I had my quiet time outside and there was even a touch of blue in the sky. Later I managed to spend an hour in the garden, not grubbing about but pruning and weeding. 
Yesterday I ordered a 3x2 cube storage unit from Argos which was delivered today. I got an email giving the delivery time of between 12.07 and 2.07 which was very precise of them. The flat pack unit arrived soon after 12.00 which was handy as our Welsh class starts at 1.00. Straight after the class I set to work with a hammer and screwdriver and within an hour it was done. But I wasn't happy with the finished result. While the back of the unit was perfectly matched not one of the front pieces was flush with its neighbour. Each piece only had the white trim on one edge so it wasn't that they were in the wrong way. Having paid £50 for this small piece of furniture I expected it to be better fitting. It took me a while to work my way through the complaints bot to a real person or at least I think it was as we communicated through typed messages. I was offered a full refund, a replacement or a partial refund if I kept the unit. Since I was only offered £13 refund I opted for a replacement unit which is being delivered tomorrow. Let's hope that one will fit together better.          
By the time all that was sorted it was time to get ready for disco aerobics. My light up pink shoe laces arrived today to add to my fun outfit. Like the dog collar they can flash at two speeds but I chose just have have them lit up without flashing.
An unusual cloud formation over the beach.

 

No comments: