Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 6 February 2024

Wet.

Much the same this morning- grey, misty with a warm south westerly wind blowing. That all changed around mid-day when the rain began. Not just light rain but real downpour type of rain. And it feels a lot colder. Looking at the height of the reef in both photos it looks as if they were taken at the same time but the top one was taken around 8 am and the bottom one around 2 pm.
I got my head down at a sensible time last night and so was able be up by 6.30 this morning. It was still dark when I had my tea sitting in the doorway watching the faint outline of the foam on the waves. With the kitchen cleaning nearing completion in a fit of enthusiasm I washed or wiped everything on the open shelves and windowsill before breakfast. With heavy rain due in I then (after breakfast that is, I like my porridge) went straight out to the garden and got in an hour of digging and filling bags. Three more paving slabs went down on the temporary path before the rain sent me back inside. My friend the robin came down for his share of worms and eventually he was joined by a second robin who was even braver coming to within about a foot away from me. A female blackbird jumped down too but then retreated to the wall waiting until I left before she came down for worms.
For the rest of the afternoon I mooched around and at last put in some piano practice. Its one of those things that I intended to do every day and then feel guilty each night because I haven't. There's a simple solution to that, sit down and do it. It's not that I don't don't enjoy it because I do once I get going but that I lack self discipline. Interesting thing - you wouldn't think that playing the piano takes a lot of energy but I get very warm and have to take my fleece off. I wonder how many calories I'm burning up?

 

No comments: