Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 25 February 2024

Sunday Walk. Part One.

We had a fairly bright start to the day which then settled into a darker more cloudy kind of day. There was a good strong wind so never one to miss a chance I got some washing out on the line before I left to meet up with the group for our Sunday walk. No need to drive today as the rendezvous was at a house at the far end of the village.
Today I walked a good eight miles in total. This I know from the nearby coastal path signpost that says it's 4 miles to Ynyslas. It was very much a walk of three parts. The first part was along the sea wall path from Liz's house up to the golf course. As soon as we had left the shelter of the village we were hit by extremely strong and icily cold wind from the east which buffeted us all the way to Ynyslas. I was very glad that I had taken a last minute decision to wear a neck tube, one with a fleecy top that I was able to pull right up to the clear safety glasses that I wear to keep the wind out of my eyes.
Once we had turned away from the beach, through the golf course and over the railway line we reached the next section of our walk.
I always find it sad to see the Leri which once would have flowed into the sea through the golf course, diverted parallel to the coast in a unnaturally straight line out to the Dyfi. 
The fierce wind made it hard to see the few waders, mostly geese and ducks that were around. I expect most of the birds had sensibly found more sheltered spots.

Eventually we got to Ynyslas and the group of cottages that had been locations in the tv series Hinterland and crossed the river using the footbridge on the railway bridge.

Up to the road and back across the railway line. Perhaps one day I'll do a walk and take photos of all the local railway crossings. There are at least six that I can think of.
Standing on the road bridge over the river looking back at the railway bridge.
And in the other direction the boatyard.
Passing the boatyard we could see the Leri where it joined the much larger Dyfi, the mountains of Snowdonia on one side and the flat marshland which eventually leads up to Mach.
This was the outward section of our walk. Part 2 tomorrow.

 

No comments: