Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 February 2024

Wet.

A wet day beginning with a light drizzle that gradually increased to steady rain.
I didn't have the best start to the day as I woke with a pounding headache, I think due to the low pressure and my dodgy sinuses. Peter left me sitting in bed clutching a mug of tea and even the radio turned off while he went to exercise on his rowing machine. From there things got interesting. I had just decided that I would get up when our fun doorbell did it's cock-a-doodle-do. Knowing Peter had his headphones on I had to throw on my dressing gown and answer the door. Where I found the builders as the parts for the balustrade were being delivered today, in two separate vans even though they were coming from the same place. The glass turned up while I was quickly getting dressed and it was put in the garage while I was making tea. A phone call to the suppliers confirmed the metal parts were coming later and that they didn't need the builders here to help unload. All being fine with the weather the builders will be here tomorrow to put the balustrade up.
While we were chatting about the work I was doing in the front garden the builder offered to dispose of the turf/soil in his fields, an offer I gratefully accepted. Since it was going to be a strong builder heaving the bags about and not us I could fill up the bags rather than only a third full which is all we can heave in and out of the car. I stayed out in the rain and added an extra bucketful to each of the bags already waiting by the gate. The spoil heap is now a lot smaller. It all helps.
Pilates this evening followed by a bowl of tasty beef and barley stew that Peter made in the slow cooker.
 

No comments: