Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Aladdin.

It was panto day today. We walked all 140 children up to the Queen's Theatre causing a few traffic hold-ups while we straggled across the roads. Once there our seats were up in the dress circle. We had decided to put all the Year 2 children in the upper circle to keep them together but were thwarted by a 'job's worth' theatre attendant who insisted that the 4 children sitting in seats we hadn't been allocated should move to the lower circle with the other classes. I normally wouldn't have minded but for the fact that the rest of the upper circle was empty, about another 6 rows. But they weren't our seats she repeated when I told her at the end of the show that she hadn't been very helpful. This is on top of the fact that she first made me move my handbag because it was on the step and then told me not to take photos. Huh! Never the less the children enjoyed the show and being panto there was no need to keep them quiet. I had one little girl sitting with me who has always been very scared of loud characters when they are all dressed and made up so she distracted herself by chatting to me. I had to laugh when she said to me , after a speech by the villain, "Actually I can't understand a word he says." but then neither could I. Being a panto there was lots of audience participation and the songs were all versions of well known songs ranging from Grease and Hairspray to Queen and Lady Gaga.
Our morning had been taken up with a rehearsal for the Reception's Nativity and an early lunch. No time for anything else apart from distributing the cards in class post box.
Coming home there was the familiar gleam of heavy frost across the road after Ashelford. As I parked up in the top field I was lucky enough to get a lift down with somebody who was going riding at the stables.

No comments: