Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 24 December 2010

The Night Before Christmas.

T'was the night before Christmas
and all round the house
the garden was covered
with snow and with ice.
(Say that in a posh voice and it will rhyme.)The air was all still
as I marched round the hill
with cards from afar
left safe in my car.

Two sons then came down
with food bought in town
and stored in the car
by their Ma and their Pa.


Then off sons did trot
to the Muddiford Inn
but no bus to be got
so a bit more walkin'.

Not much to buy
when to town they did go,
but they gave it a try
before meeting big bro'.

Down motorways long
from the north he had come
for the call it is strong
to spend Christmas at home.

Now all are home safely
Christmas can start.
With Jesus and family
close to my heart.

Disclaimer - I'm not a poet, and I do know it.

No comments: