Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 27 December 2010

Temperatures Rise.

It looks like the thaw may have started. The temperature has been just above freezing and the snow has begun to retreat, at least until the next cold spell. Maybe we'll be able to sort out the water before then as I'm getting a little weary of lugging buckets of water around the house.
Last night we all watched The Fellowship of The Ring (extended version), hopefully The Two Towers tonight and Return of The King tomorrow. I've always been a great Tolkien fan but what really fascinates me about the films is the design - architecture, costumes, jewellery, the whole other world aspect. I think my New Year's resolution will be to find more time for drawing / copying designs from the films.

I've made a start on the selection of Indian sweets (sweetmeats) that Vytas gave me for Christmas and thought I'd better photograph them before I ate any more. Barnstaple is very limited in the variety of multi-ethnic food available. A couple of Chinese restaurants and a few Indian restaurants are the limit of adventurous eating unless you count the odd Tapas Bar or Giovanni's Italian restaurant. Some Greek and Eastern European foods can be bought at Lidll's or at the delis and basic Indian or Chinese ingredients at the supermarkets but that is the lot. So something out of the ordinary is a special treat.
Nothing much done today, lie-in, reading and a bit of housework. The shops will be open tomorrow so we'll make a dash into town before our friends arrive in the afternoon.

No comments: