Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 7 December 2010

It Continues.

Same old, same old. Everything is completely clear until you get to the last mile of the homeward journey. Then it's an icy road with snow piled on either side, almost another world. We parked up in our usual spot which was full of cars as it is dog agility club night at the stables next door. Paul then drove up with a load of doggie people and their dogs so we got a lift back down. His part of the drive is fine for 4x4s but the last little bit down to our place is really icy and even the Rav might not make it back up. No oil so it's rather cold indoors. The temperature tonight may drop to -10C (14F), good thing we have plenty of blankets. These photos were taken at lunchtime in the school grounds.
Most of the Secret Garden was in the shade and very frosty.
It was the first proper performance of our play today. The children did well after yesterday's bribing of my class with chocolate to sing up and this mornings extra speaking session to encourage them to say their lines more loudly. One more afternoon performance and one evening performance to go though I won't stay for the evening one. I'll get the children changed and into their places but then I'll head home with Peter for our trudge down the hill. Right now I'm off to a slightly warmer (I hope ) bedroom and an early night.

No comments: