Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 9 December 2010

I thought today needed cheering up with this iris that grew by the pond 2 years ago. No sign of it last year unfortunately. It has been much warmer today. On the journey home the road was dry and clear up to Shirwell, still clear at the Upcott turnoff, and at the Lewis' and even at the Okewill track. A very few sad heaps of snow on the verge at Ashelford Corner, still clear and then just one field away from our drive there was snow over the grass and ice on the road. Thanks to Paul's clearing of the drive it was dry and clear to the bend and passable down the last bit. From there it was another matter with treacherous ice all the way to the house. We've parked in the lower field gateway and providing the engine starts ( much telling off from himself because I haven't found time to turn over the engine), I'll drive the micra home tomorrow. The oil company has promised to put us on top priority but we're still fuming over the massive price hikes. It's illegal for gas or electricity prices to go up like that and heating oil is just as essential to those of us who live out in the country.
I had my PPA time this morning and I ploughed on with making sure that all my marking/ assessing was up to date. Nearly but not quite there yet. As we didn't have the dreaded OFSTED phone call nothing will be happening until next term as they wouldn't dream of working any closer to Christmas. I'm not sure if that is good, I would rather have it over and done with.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad to hear it has warmed up a bit by you. Very cold here but the wind has finally died down.
I'm already looking forward to spring. Thanks for the lovely photo! :-)