Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Snow Joke.

Same old snow keeping us stuck in our valley. I went for a walk up the hill to stretch my legs and see what the road at the top was like but there is no chance of driving out. I would just like to get those last few presents and collect any parcels and letters that are waiting at the Post Office and pick up some library books. I tend to leave that job till last and often end up with nothing new to read over the holidays. I'm hoping that Peter isn't working all day on Friday so that we could go in then. I haven't heard anything from Vytas who is due to drive down on Friday but the road conditions don't look very good so he might be stuck up North for Christmas. Sheep always look grubby and yellow against the gleaming white snow.
There were a few moments of sunshine but the wind was really icy. I could hear the Hunt's dogs down along the valley (must stop thinking evil thoughts about people who kill animals for fun). Some of their vehicles were parked up at the top of the drive, fleeting thoughts of flat tyres crossed my mind but I resisted.
Both Linas and Romas have got heavy colds. Linas spent most of the day under his duvet but Romas who is a hardy soul went outside to enjoy the snow and I could see him cutting swathes down Ron's field with his snow board. I'm trying to put school to the back of my mind and have spent time reading lots of blogs and checking out webcams around the country to see what the weather conditions are like.
Final job of the day was to bake a batch of Christmas biscuits. I don't know if it is due to me nibbling the dough but it always seems a lot of work for not that many biscuits (30) and they could still do with icing. That's probably the reason I only make biscuits at Christmas.

3 comments:

happyone said...

The snow sure makes for pretty pictures.
Hope everyone is feeling better for Christmas.

Elora said...

Those sheep have LOVELY fleeces! Wouldn't mind spinning a bit of that! Just think how WARM they are!!

Lovely photos!
Elora

Anonymous said...

I hope we can still come down after Christmas, although a big thaw will have to happen first - that drive looks very icy!