Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 16 December 2010

Party Time.

The wind was roaring through the trees Th's morning. The day has been wet and windy with the cold front expected to arrive tomorrow with the worst on Saturday morning. Only one more morning to go before I can simply burrow back under the duvet. I kept my class working this morning, just a science assessment, to keep the excitement levels down on 'party day'. Santa made his fly past in a helicopter at lunchtime which hyped up the kids. The children were all in the classrooms because of the wet weather when we heard the helicopter approaching. We quickly hustled the children into their coats and then out into the playground. Some of them were transfixed by Santa flying over and waving at them even though the same thing happens every year.
The party was noisy and hectic as usual but this year there was no mountain of food to clear up. Instead the school dinner was 'party food', pizza and hot dogs and we had the whole afternoon for games and dancing. After school I stayed on to get one of my displays up.
I'm so tired, a combination of end of term and this cold that I've had for weeks and weeks. It's started to snow outside so I'm glad the car is parked at the top of the hill.

1 comment:

Catching the Magic said...

Brrr, well done to you and sorry to hear about your cold. You've been super busy, but it all sounds incredible fun - for the children (lots of work for you x). How amazing for them to see Santa arrive in a helicopter!