Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 17 December 2010

The Snow Returns.

We woke this morning to an inch of snow. That was enough for me to decide to travel with Peter rather than risk my little micra. Good thing too as we had to drive for about a mile of nearly zero visibility up on the top of the hill. Instead of waiting for Peter to pick me up for the return journey I got a lift home with a fellow teacher who lives nearby and whose husband collected us in their 4x4. Just a shame that the text I sent Peter didn't get through so he still called in at school on the way home.
My day at school has been very relaxed. We started with letting the children have a long 'News' time though I later scuppered one pair of lads' plan to play Call of Duty (a gory shoot-em-up game that is rated 18) later after school. I let both the mums know and I think that game would have been put out of bounds. I do know one of the mums outside of school and I knew that she wouldn't like her lad to play such games. For the rest of the day the children could chose to watch dvds in one class or 'choosing' in my classroom. I spent my time clearing their folders of this term's work, filing it away and putting up new displays. Despite my efforts to be organised it was only as the children were lining up to go home that I realised there were still hanging decorations for the children to take home so that was one major rush. As a staff we had our usual buffet lunch of nice foods from M&S, pates, smoked salmon etc and our jokey Secret Santa presents. A smattering of rude presents raised a laugh and I was given a pretty silver and purple bracelet which is just my style.
I'm now ready to relax with some of the chocolates given to me by the children, we've had fish & chips (which Peter was given by a friend who had over-ordered for a gathering) and our bedroom is warm and toasty. No school to think about for at least a week, fantastic.
Getting home early gave me a chance to take a few pictures of the snowy fields.

Looking west towards Ron and Marjorie's house at Indicott.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Ruta,

Thank you for sharing stories about your school. As a kindergarden aide in the U.S. I love to hear them.