Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 15 December 2010

School Nativity.

This morning's nativity service went well. The Reception children were cute as always, even the little terror in a lamb's costume who kept turning round to waggle his tail at the audience. None of the 60 Year 2 children holding lit Christingles came to grief and I managed to get through my piano playing with hardly a bum note. Not that I will be volunteering again except in cases of dire need. Nearly a third of the Year 1 children were off sick today, I expect they'll all be back for tomorrow's parties.I think I'm on schedule with all the school things that need doing before the end of term. Cards, calendars and pots are made and wrapped. The pass-the-parcels are wrapped up for tomorrow afternoon's party and we've made a start on taking down the old displays and getting ready to throw up the new ones on Friday. Much dark muttering from self when I discovered that the previous occupant of my room (you know who you are!) had backed the largest board over another layer of backing paper, with accompanying million staples. If everything goes to plan I should have the new displays in place for the start of next term. We usually start each term with a non-pupil day so that we can get sorted but not this year.
The weather is currently mild but with a sharp drop in temperature predicted tomorrow night and up to 6" of snow in places. That's enough to bring Britain to a halt. We now have a full tank of oil and plenty of food so we can hibernate if necessary. The water problem still hasn't been resolved so we're running the house on one tap in the kitchen. A bit limiting when it comes to washing clothes and I'm now about to go and boil water to wash my hair in the kitchen sink.

1 comment:

Catching the Magic said...

Phew! You are amazing! I often used to go into school over the holidays with my Mum to help her take down displays and put up new things - so much work. Wishing you snuggly duvet days soon x