Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Trapped.

We are now officially trapped in our valley. Well not really trapped as Peter is still able to get to the big wide world (ie work) in his 4x4 but the boys and I failed to make our escape. It was much mistier today as we climbed up our hill. My little path along our part of the road is still clear and makes walking a lot easier but Paul obviously doesn't want any customers this week and has left the main part of the drive untouched.
I was a little dubious when we got to the car but with the boys pushing from behind and offering advice on gears and revs ? I slowly inched my way out to the road.
This was the drive that I had just made my way along,

...and this was the state of the back road. No way was I going to risk life and limb driving over that just for some shopping so I parked on the verge and we made our way back down again. Peter has access to shops on his way home and can pick up some things which he can then leave in my car for the boys to carry down tomorrow.

The walk down the hill provided an opportunity for some snow boarding and just visible in the above photo is Romas' track as he swung his way down the ponies' field. The boys spent some time outside (playing) in the snow and also chopped back the leylandii in the yard and brought in one and set it up for me to decorate with a million (at least 6 dozen) glass & plastic icicles and a tasteful (?) selection of silver and glass ornaments. There hasn't been any more snow so perhaps things will ease up soon. The weather man was talking about -20C which is Ice Age for those of us used to temperate Britain. After all this disruption it would be a shame not to have a white Christmas but I do feel sorry for all the people who are still unable to make their way home and slightly less sorry for those people who can't get away on holiday. Yesterday there was a 2 1/2 km queue of people trying to get tickets for the Eurostar trains to the continent. That would not be fun.

1 comment:

Elora said...

So glad you're home, safe, and as snug as a bug in a rug! Have a lovely evening!

Elora