Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 14 January 2011

Back As Usual.

Had a trojan yesterday which kept me off the net until it had been dealt with. I'm feeling relieved that today is Friday so I've got the week-end to look forward to. I've been going to school in the Rav for the last 2 days because the heavy rain had caused a lot of flooding especially on the back road. The big flood near the Lewis' was too deep for my Micra (at least I think so because it was so dark and foggy I could hardly see a thing) but the Rav is that much higher. Some of the smaller floods caught me unawares and I had to quickly turn on the windscreen wipers as the water splashed up and over the roof. Today there are only a few small patches of water at the side of the road which I was mainly able to avoid.
School today was not too bad. Finally finished the marathon task of writing newspaper reports for each day of The Great Fire of London. Yesterday we had fun as aided by 2 mums, all the children made bread rolls. It's a good hands on activity and the boys especially thought it was fun to knead the lumps of dough. Not too much flour scattered over the classroom either. Today's highlight was when I appeared in the classroom wearing a scarf and some material across my shoulders and hot-seated the part of an old cockney woman whose house had been pulled down in the fire of London. A good question and answer session followed with me using my best cockney accent (didn't spend all those years in Stepney for nothing), to try and instill some of the flavour of the event. When I berated some of the girls for having short skirts some of them tried to pull their skirts over their knees, bless.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds like a fun day at school. :-)