Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 23 January 2011

No Frost.

A little bit of sunshine today and generally it was much warmer. The new mattress is proving its worth in that it supports our aching backs perfectly so it was tempting to have a nice long lie-in but there were things to do.
Not a sign of frost as I took the rubbish up to the road. I left the car up the top just in case but also because a man was coming round to collect our unwanted 4ft bed. Originally bought at an auction the bed has old fashioned walnut? head and foot ends and it would have been a shame to simply throw it away. Freecycle is such a good way to pass on items that are still good enough to use, and it would have been a major job to take the bed down to the recycling centre so we both benefited.
Once the bed had gone I had time to finish off my school planning and then do some work out in the stream. It looks like the recent cold weather has affected the pipes or pump again and we currently have NO water coming into the house. Oops. Not sure what we are going to do about that but I'll leave that in Peter's hands.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wish it would warm up a bit here. I'm waiting for the temperature to reach the teens before walking today. Right now it is 4!! ( -16 C)
Glad your sleeping good on your new bed!