Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 31 January 2011

Brrr !


Yesterday's view at Morte Point.
It was rather cold this morning, -9C which for here is mighty cold. Maybe we are seeing the impact of global warming which for the UK could mean that things get a lot colder as the Gulf Stream with its warming effect moves away from our waters.
A normal day at school which dragged on a little as we had somebody come to do a workshop on teaching basic gymnastics after school. It is good to brush up on such things but the enthusiasm wanes at the end of a school day. I tried to join in with the practical work but I could feel my knee and spine protesting so I stuck to watching instead.
I saw an odd sight on the way home tonight. At the point where a tiny lane turns off the back road, to Upcott, was a small table with a pet carrier on top. Attached to this was a sign on a piece of paper but it was too dark to see what it said. I wish I had stopped because now I am intrigued. Was this a roadside stall (sometimes seen but not often), with produce inside the pet carrier to keep it safe from the many crows and buzzards around or was there something live in the carrier? I doubt it but if it is still there tomorrow I'll have to stop to satisfy my curiosity.
The weather man is predicting overnight rain as well as low temperatures so my micra is now at the top of the hill in case of ice.

4 comments:

Elora said...

yes, I think we're in for it, too. Snow-wise, that is....we shall see.

Wonder if there was a "pet" in it! A small dog, maybe, that someone was trying to give away???

Elora

Wow, this HSI is fabulous!

happyone said...

That water does look cold. More ice for us today.

Harriet said...

Enjoy reading you everyday. Hoping you are okay.

Liz in PA said...

RUTA~ Where have you gone?
I hope you're alright and all your family too.
Love reading all about your life in England.....the many facets that are so very different from my life in Pennsylvania!
.....It's been very cold here too, today we actually had some sunshine and it is a blessing!
And the beautiful blue skies above.

Write soon.......we miss your!

Liz in Pennsylvania