Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 11 January 2011

What's The Fox Up To ?

It was really strange this evening, driving home while it was still light. I'm so used to working in my classroom until 5.30 in the dark that leaving an hour earlier made me feel quite guilty that I wasn't marking work or putting up a display. But there wasn't anything to clear up and my enthusiasm has waned. Things are not helped by my classroom printer having died after we did a lot of printing the other day. Now all it will do is slowly churn out blank pieces of paper and blink its little green light at me. Inks are fine, printer queue is cleared, I even unplugged it totally for 24hrs but it will not print for me. The staffroom pc prints but the permissions have gone haywire and everything from Google images is blocked by the filter so it is much harder to make resources or display material. Perhaps one day the repairman will come and fix all these problems. Stopping at the top of our drive to collect the recycling box I spotted a big dog fox in the field about 20ft away. I reached into my bag for my camera case but only came up with my purse and by then the fox had moved across the field stopping every now and then to look back and check what I was doing. He'd better not be thinking about making a meal of my 3 hens sitting on their roost in their shed.
I've done some housework, still think there might be a small leak in the downstairs toilet as there was still a small wet patch today, blogged and now I had better get on with my school planning.

No comments: